HOW TO PLAY SCATTER MONSTERS
The most important part of Scatter Monsters slots is understanding that it’s not a typical reel-based machine.
Instead, symbols can pay pretty much anywhere on the 6×6 game table. The only goal is to get 8 or more symbols of the same type. Additionally, any winning symbols are removed from the game and new ones tumble down from the top to replace them. This can happen multiple times after you’ve only hit spin once.
Note that the payouts in this game rely heavily on the number of matching symbols you get in a single combination. The maximum number is 36. As always, better symbols end up giving bigger prizes.
Symbols in Scatter Monsters are also divided into three groups – vampires, zombies, and demons. Each type has three kinds of symbols – a small and cute one, a medium-sized one that looks slightly annoyed, and a big angry one.
This matters because matcing a certain type of symbol will fill out one of the three meters on the side of the screen. Each symbol that’s part of a winning symbol fills out the meter by 1 point. Once you completely fill the meter, one of three special features is triggered.
- The Vampire soul meter is purple and requires 20 souls to fill. Once you do, all small symbols of all types are turned into a bigger and better version. If there are no small symbols on the screen, medium symbols are upgraded instead. Can be triggered multiple times.
- The Zombie soul meter is green and takes 40 souls to fill completely. It causes all symbols of a randomly selected colour to be removed from the game, filling the related soul meter in the process. You have a good chance of making more winning combinations once this happens.
- The Demon soul meter is red and needs 60 souls. Filling it out awards 8 free spins. You also get +1 free spin for every 25 souls over the initial 60. During Scatter Monsters free spinms, every 60 demon souls also award you an additional spin. Any remaining souls are converted into a multiplier for that spin, ranging from 1x to 10x.
Importantly, the meters reset every time you hit spin. In essence, you’re hoping to fill them out using the tumble feature.
The game also comes with two special types of symbols you can encounter at any point. These are:
- Wilds can substitute any other type of symbol except Heaven’s Gift. They look like a big golden pentagram, and the fact that they don’t need paylines makes them especially useful.
- Heaven’s Gift symbols give 10 to 50 souls to one randomly-selected meter. This special symbol can also appear during free spins.