5BTC & 200 Free Spins
Bitstarz Casino Review Summary
Launched in 2014, Bitstarz was the first bitcoin casino supporting payments in both EUR and Bitcoins. Operating under the slogan “Dream big, win bigger”, this instant-play gaming site powered by SoftSwiss platform promises to deliver fast payments, solid games and quick support. The collection of more than 2,000 casino games from 20+ different developers makes their game offering far more than solid, and their promotional portfolio is not only packed with goodies but also features a few rare treats. There are quite a few elements which make this gaming venue stand out from the crowd, apart from the virtual currency Bitcoin; read the detailed Bitstarz Casino review below to find out more.
User Review( votes)
Background & Reputation
The Casino was initially launched in 2014 under the name Bitstars.net. Its operator has earned themselves an enviable reputation thanks to about dozen other highly-rated gaming sites, such as Space Casino, King Billy, Oshi and Das Ist Casino, and they’ve done an equally good job with Bitstarz. The Casino licensed by the Government of Curacao uses industry-standard SSL encryption technology to protect the safety or your personal information, and an RNG validated by iTech Labs guarantees games are fair. Even The Pogg approves!
- Established: 2014
- Owned by: Direx N.V. Casinos
- License: Curacao
- Target markets: Canada, Australia, Europe
- Restricted Territories: US, UK, Spain, France (including Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Guiana, Réunion, Mayotte, St. Martin, French Polynesia, Wallis and Futuna, New Caledonia), Netherlands, Sweden, Israel, Lithuania, Slovakia, Dutch West Indies, and Curacao.
Bonuses & Promotions
Being able to test a casino for real but completely risk-free is still kind of a rare treat. Bitstarz lets you do this by awarding 20 Free Spins as soon as you open an account. The resulting winnings are capped at €100 or equivalent in any other currency except GBP (Brits will only get to collect up to £50) and Bitcoin (30 mBTC). A wagering requirement of 40x applies. Downside? There is a long, long list of countries whose residents can’t claim this lovely offer; please check the corresponding T&C’s.
Bitstarz Welcome Bonus becomes available after you make the first deposit of €20 or more. The operator will provide a 100% match up to €100 plus 180 Free Spins, followed by 50% up to €100 with your 2nd deposit, 50% up to €200 with the 3rd, and 100% up to €100 with the 4th. All welcome offers are subject to wagering requirements of 40x the bonus amount. Do note that you will not be able to withdraw any winnings until you’ve deposited at least €20. The game contribution is defined quite simply: Slots deliver 100% (though there are several exceptions), while bets on all table games and video pokers contribute 5%.
Weekly Slot Wars Races are tournaments in which top 50 players get to share €1,000 + 250 Free Spins prize pool. No opt-in is needed; all you have to do is play slots for real cash and your wagers will be turned into points and contribute to your position on the leaderboard (which is, apparently, updated by their friendly and well-caffeinated staff every minute of the day). Table Wars are basically the same thing, only with table games. Top 20 get to share €1,000 prize pool, the first prize being wager-free €500 in cash. A brand new concept called Extra Wars is a variation of Slot Wars, with the race lasting only 3 days and a specific game provider picked each month.
Additionally, there is a 50% reload bonus up to €50 to be picked up every single Monday, and 20 to 80 Free Spins to claim every Wednesday (depending on the deposited amount). One special promo currently taking place, called Rooks Double Cash, lasts until someone wins. The winner will be the first player at BitStarz to land 5 Red Mask symbols in a row while playing Rook’s Revenge, and the Casino will reward them by doubling their win.
- Welcome bonus: 20 No Deposit Free Spins & €500 bonus (or 5BTC) + 180 Free Spins
- Wagering requirements: 40x (bonus)
- Not available to: players from Greece, Hungary, Mauritius, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Austria, Montenegro, Albania and Serbia
Software & Games
There is no software to download, simply access the Casino via your browser and you’re good to go. Gaming catalogue consists of more than 2,600 games which can also be played for fun when logged out, meaning you don’t even have to register to try them out. On top of well-familiar names such as NetEnt, NextGen, BetSoft, and Thunderkick, there are a couple of developers you may not have heard of, such as Belatra and EGT. Belatra is a Russian software provider specialising in slots, table games and video poker, and catering primarily to Russia and ex-Soviet countries. The list of their more popular games includes Lucky Drink, Africa Gold and The Ghost Walks. Bulgarian-based European Gaming Technology (EGT) is a slots specialist which has been around since 2002, and if you want to check the quality of games they produce, launch Circus Brilliant, Dragon Reels or Halloween slot.
Slots rule at Bitstarz and the list of popular titles goes on and on. While Jackpots section hosts the multi-million Mega Fortune, there are not many other games which offer jaw-dropping wins. Select Table games tab and you’ll face a more modest but interesting selection which, among others, includes Hi-Lo Switch, Red Dog Progressive, Trey Poker and Wild Texas. Not to worry, your standard table games are also accounted for, so feel free to enjoy classic, Surrender and Double Exposure Blackjack, European and American Roulette, Texas and Casino Hold’em, Caribbean Poker and Baccarat.
- Providers: NetEnt, Microgaming, Betsoft, iSoftBet, BGaming (SoftSwiss), Amatic Industries, Endorphina, GameArt, Booming Games, Habanero, Pragmatic Play, NextGen, Belatra, Thunderkick, Spinomenal, Play’N GO, EGT, Yggdrasil, Platipus, Quickfire, Quickspin, Nolimit City, Evoplay Entertainment, Push Gaming, Playson, Red Tiger, Booongo
- Number of games: 2,600+
- Slots: 2,200+
Many of 27 live dealer games are there thanks to Evolution Gaming, the developer which excels both in quantity as in quality when it comes to live gambling. They’ve provided, for example, Blackjack Party, Baccarat Controlled Squeeze, VIP Roulette, Casino Hold’em, and the unique Dream Catcher. Asia Gaming, on the other hand, brings us LED Baccarat, Sic Bo and Dragon & Tiger, while Ezugi tops the offering with Live Keno and a few other games. Once again, Bitstarz manages to do things a bit different to everybody else.
- Providers: Evolution Gaming, Asia Gaming, Ezugi, Authentic Gaming, Vivo Gaming
- Games: Evolution Gaming Live Roulette, Speed Roulette, Immersive Roulette, VIP Roulette, Auto Roulette, Auto Roulette VIP, Evolution Gaming Live Blackjack, VIP Blackjack, Blackjack Party, Blackjack White, Blackjack VIP, Blackjack Platinum VIP, Evolution Gaming Baccarat, Baccarat Squeeze, Baccarat Control Squeeze, Asia Gaming Baccarat, LED Baccarat, Multiply Baccarat, VIP Baccarat, Casino Hold’em, Sic Bo, Dragon Tiger, Keno, Dream Catcher, Auto Roulette Blaze, Turbo Authentic Roulette, Arabic Roulette, Punto Banco, Auto Roulette Duo
- VIP tables: Yes
- Number of games: 1,000+
- Mobile Apps: No
Bitstarz is a multi-currency casino accepting EUR, USD, CAD, AUD, SEK, NOK, PLN, RMB, RUB, JPY, as well as BTC, ETH, LTC, BCH, DOGE and USDT. A good many banking methods are available for making deposits and withdrawals, including credit and debit cards, E-wallets, instant banking, pre-paid cards, bank transfer, and Cubits, a platform for buying and selling Bitcoin. The only thing currently missing is a pay-by-phone option. Deposit limits are set at €5 minimum and €4,000 maximum per transaction.
Even if you’re used to using more traditional payment methods, such as credit cards or even E-wallets, you might want to consider switching to Bitcoin for 2 very good reasons. Firstly, it’s incredibly secure. Your Bitcoin transactions are protected by state-of-the-art encryption, the kind that is used in government transactions, and it requires no sensitive private information so that you can even make payments without revealing your identity. The second reason is it’s very fast, largely owing to the fact there is no bank to slow down the procedure. If you are into cryptocurrencies, you will be happy to hear that Bitstarz is one of the first online casinos to also support deposits in Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Tether and Bitcoin Cash.
Additionally, Bitstarz has implemented an auto-processing system which can process your withdrawal request in less than 10 minutes. Isn’t that brilliant?! The lowest amount you’ll get to cash out is €40 (a bit on a high side), but high rollers will be delighted to hear there is no limit on the maximum amount you can withdraw.
- Deposit options: Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Coinspaid, Neteller, Online Bank Transfer, Bitcoin, iDEAL, iDebit, Instadebit, Zimpler, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Etherum, Dogecoin, Skrill, Paysafe Card, Alfa Click, EcoPayZ, WebMoney, Yandex Money, QIWI, Svyaznoy, Evroset, Sofort Uberwaisung, Payvision (Germany), Skrill Rapid Transfer, NeoSurf, Virtual Cards, UPaycard, CashtoCode, Astropay Direct, Astropay Card
- Withdrawal options: Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Neteller, Bank transfer, Bitcoin, iDEAL, iDebit, Instadebit, Zimpler, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Etherum, Dogecoin, Skrill, Alfa Click, EcoPayZ, WebMoney, Yandex Money, QIWI, Svyaznoy, Evroset, Sofortuberwaisung, Payvision (Germany), Skrill Rapid Transfer, Virtual Cards, UPaycard, Coinspaid, Astropay Direct, Astropay Card
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Maximum deposit: €4,000
- Minimum withdrawal: €40
- Maximum payout: No limit
Don’t you just hate it when you engage in a conversation with a support agent and they can’t answer even the most basic of your questions? Well, pal, it ain’t gonna happen here! All of Bitstarz support agents have a minimum of 3 years of casino experience and know the Casino inside-out. There are several ways to talk to them, one of which is Live Chat, and a friendly invite encourages you to start chatting when you have a question or simply want to say hi. You can alternatively ask for assistance by writing an email, requesting a call-back, or message the Casino via Facebook and Twitter.
- Operating hours: 24/7
- Live chat: Yes
- Email address: [email protected]
- Contact phones: Call-back request via web
Pros & Cons
+ Managed by an operator with an impressive portfolio of gaming sites
+ No-deposit bonus
+ Creative promotional offers
+ Huge selection of slots accessible via desktop and mobile devices
+ Unique selection of table games and live dealer tables
+ Bitcoin payments
+ 10-minute withdrawal processing
+ Knowledgeable and experienced support staff, available 24/7
– High minimum withdrawal limits
Casino Bloke’s Verdict
This might be one of the highest rankings we’ve given so far, but Bitstarz honestly deserves it. When it comes to slots, their gaming catalogue is amazing both on desktops and mobiles, and despite the relatively small number of table games, clearly, a lot of thought was given to their selection. Live Casino is well above average in terms of suppliers and uniqueness, and the team’s creativity equally comes across when you take a look at their promotional offering. Bitstarz probably enables the fastest ever withdrawals in the industry, and their support team can teach their colleagues employed by the competition a thing or two. Look no further, especially if you’re a Bitcoin user – Bitstarz is the place to be.